Radon is a health hazard with a simple solution. You can’t see, smell or taste radon, but dangerous levels in American homes is the leading cause of lung cancer deaths among nonsmokers each year. The U.S. Surgeon General urges all Americans to test for radon - if high levels are detected in your home, you can take steps to fix the problem to protect yourself and your family.
Residential Inspection Services offers electric monitor testing done under EPA protocols with a minimum exposure time of 48 hours. It is recommended to reduce levels to below 2 pCi/l if possible. Though there is no safe level of radon, the action level is 4 pCi/l in a real estate transaction.